Well, I have been hard at work finishing this painting and it has been through many changes so far. Guaranteed there will be more.
In the first painting you see I added the background in the barn and colored the cow in..which took forever. I really liked the way he came out, too! Then I added a window in the back so that you get the feeling of depth, a feeling that it’s more than blank, dark space. Just adding a little interest. Then I added some paint for the bottom of the barn door, just a basecoat.The window has some color here, also (sorry it looks a little tilted here, as I took this at a weird angle). I had finished the barn door after this and it was plain grey with white. It just looked too dull, and so I thought maybe I could add color like red paint, but make it look like its faded and worn. Then, here I did something drastic. I decided I did not like the red color on this cow. I wanted more of a brown jersey cow, a softer color. I ERASED the whole cow…except the nose and eyes, and made him brown. I haven’t completely finished him, but I like the color better. It will look better with the dress color I add to the girl as well.I have even gone farther than what you see here. I have added more to the background to add further interest and I have erased the bottom of the girls face and she is being fixed…I will show you asap…so please come back. I can’t wait to share more!