Here are two of the paintings I mentioned in the previous post, that are currently being worked on. The cow portrait is almost completed. It just needs some hairs on his ears, numbers on his ear tag and lots of finishing touches. I do like the way he came out though. I figured out though that when you get near the end of painting on velour, there may not be a lot of tooth left in the paper to add the finishing touches you want to add…it just won’t take any more pastel. This was hard as I wanted to add many random, little white hairs coming from his chin and ears and top of his head, which I did where I could. I have heard you can spray fixative on an overworked painting and continue painting, but I did not want to chance this as I have never tried this. In any event, I will post the finished painting soon.
Now, the painting I am really happy about is the daydreaming amish girl in the back of the buggy. I wasn’t too sure how this would turn out, and I was going to originally do this one as a watercolor, but I really like the soft realistic effects with the pastels. I am so happy I tried this….I really like how it’s going so far. Here you see the 3 stages…the face…the glass in the front of the buggy and the side of the buggy completed…and I can’t wait to do more! So excited. So please check back, I do have Pink’s face completed too, but it was just too much to put in one post. Soon! Enjoy!